This condition can start with an underlying redness and become irritated red rash on the centre panel of your face, spreading out from the nose to the checks .
Scientist now know this is all related to a problem with your innate immune system which does not turn of so the skin thinks it is consistently under attack. The skin will be reactive to anything even water.!
The types of rosacea vary from skin to skin. So what may work for one may not be the answer for someone else. As of yet there is not a cure but with the correct supervision of a skin therapist the correct home care and an understanding of your own triggers, you can keep this skin condition under control.
The symptoms you will notice start slowly and as we age they gradually increase
- Flushing of the face can be a start when you get hot after alcohol or excise
- Skin will be reactive to products and life ie the sun .
- Someone in the family may have Rosacea
- You can get red pimples around the nose and to the side of the face these can come and go but some may stay they look like spots but are more like heat bumps and the swelling in them is fluid not puss. (do not treat these as spots )
- The skin can get hot even feel burning and this can then lead to flushing of the face.
What can you do to help.
¨ Strengthen the skin barrier so the skin is not as reactive to the outside world.
¨ Learn to understand your skin and what are the things that upset it.
¨ Look at taking some supplements Omega 3 and 6 as they are anti inflammatory .
¨ Keep calm yoga ( not the steamy one ) the calm relaxing one .
¨ Allowing this condition to upset you (which we know is easy to say) will not help your skin as will only add to the inflammation.
Know the triggers that can cause the skin to react.
While the list of potential Rosacea triggers in various individuals may be endless, a survey of 1,066 Rosacea patients found that the most common factors included the following
Emotional stress 81%
Hot weather 75%
Heavy exercise 56%
Hot baths 51%
Cold weather 46%
Spicy foods 45%
Indoor heat 41%
Heated beverages 36%
Certain cosmetics 27%
Medical conditions 15%
Certain fruits 13%
We have been able to help Rosacea with a combination of home care and clinic treatments. Look at Dermaviduals or Environ Skin Care. LED and IPL are good treatments in clinic .